Howdy-ho, neighborinos! I want to devote this entry to two exciting things that happened yesterday, in order: we had Amelia’s first birthday party, and I was nominated for multiple Dead Letter Awards!
First, the party: my little angel is turning 1 year old tomorrow, Valentine’s Day, and we had her first birthday party yesterday. It was a “Pretty in Pink” party, and not only was it great to have all of our immediate family come and spend time with us, most of them wore pink along with the birthday girl! (Notice I said “most…” I won’t call out any non-pink-wearers here, but you know who you are!)
Amelia had a great time, playing with everyone, smashing into her heart-shaped cake that Mommy made for her, playing with all her new toys (and she got TONS of them, spoiled little monkey), and having a good day in general. If you haven’t had a chance yet, check out the photos from the party on my Facebook page. And if you’re not my friend on Facebook yet – what are you waiting for? www.facebook.com/tonyschaab come and be my friend already!
Secondly, the Dead Letter Awards: these are awards given out by the ultra-cool website Mail Order Zombie, and I am honored to be directly nominated for two categories, with my work garnering four nominations overall. Here are the awards I’m up for:
- My book, “The G.O.R.E. Score, Vol. 1: A Review Guide to All Things Zombie,” is nominated in the Best Book, Non-Fiction/Reference category
- My site, www.TheGOREScore.com, is nominated in the Best Zombie Website category
- Two anthologies that I have stories in, “Dead History” and “Zombiality: A Queer Bent on the Undead,” are nominated in the Best Book, Anthology category
It’s a great honor just to be nominated, but I’ve got to be honest, it would be even more bitchin’ to win. So, if you have a free moment, please head on over to http://tinyurl.com/dla2010/ and take a moment to cast your vote. You don’t have to sign up for anything, just leave your name and e-mail address to verify the “one vote per person” rule.
Please visit the above link and vote for me in the “Best Book, Non-Fiction/Reference” and “Best Zombie Website” categories! If you feel so inclined, please also write my name in for “The Fresh Meat Award – Best Newcomer!” It would be greatly appreciated!
As always, all of your support is truly appreciated. It’s been fun having a writing career so far, and I look to continue doing big things this year as well! Some of the planned highlights for 2011 include:
- The brand-new book “Reviews of the Dead: A Zombie Movie Companion,” due to be released by Living Dead Press in March!
- The next volume in my book series: “The G.O.R.E. Score, Vol. 2” will also be released in March!
- My first erotic-horror tale, “Cemetery Menage,” will be released as an eBook later this Spring!
- My first full-length fiction novel, “Zombies Can’t Dance,” will be finished later this year and hopefully picked up for publication!
It’s an exciting time, to be sure. Thank you all for coming along on this ride with me!